Hey! Remember that awesome pesto I made for dinner not too long ago? Well, I loved it so much, I used it to make pesto egg toast for breakfast!
Normally, my mornings before work are a bit chaotic. Let’s just say I’m not a morning person. I tend to snooze the alarm
one or two 1000 times, so I need to hustle once I finally get out of bed, but I really enjoy a hot breakfast. This pesto egg toast is so quick and easy, even I have time to make it in the morning.
I must warn you. After eating this pesto, I could probably ward off a vampire or two, but I’m not on the prowl or anything so oh well! Just be conscious of this so you don’t go using every word on the planet that begins with an ‘H’ in close conversation. Garlic is supposed to have anti-inflammatory properties and keep colds away so it all balances out I suppose.
Does anyone else have a hard time in the morning like me? What are some of your morning tips? Let me know in the comments!
- Gluten-free sliced bread (I like Schär or Trader Joe's)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole cage free eggs
- Pesto (previously made or store bought)
- Warm 1 tsp of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Toast 1 slice of your favorite gluten-free bread (optional).
- Fry eggs on each side for about 2 minutes for over medium (longer for more well done).
- Top your gluten-free bread with the eggs.
- Add the pesto on top for the finishing touch!
- Optional: Add your favorite fruit! (My fave are strawberries)