By now some of you know that I love an easy, “minimal time standing over the stove” recipe. It has been mega hot in NYC lately and I can’t bear standing over a hot stove in 90 degree heat. That is why I was all over this garlic lime shrimp recipe inspired by The Gluten Free Gal.
Since I live in an apartment, I didn’t have the luxury of throwing these babies on a grill, but I didn’t mind tossing the shrimp in the oven since it was only about 10 minutes. Plus, the garlic lime shrimp sauce I got from using the oven was all worth it…WINNING!
After a long day at the office, I wanted something quick and satisfying, and I’m REALLY trying to avoid ordering takeout. It’s usually a hassle because my glucose just doesn’t want to behave after a takeout meal and I’m sure I get glutenized (my own word for gluten contamination) more than I’d like to. There are some great gluten-free restaurants that offer delivery, but I’ve already had nearly everything on the menus of the places near me. Se la vie. I enjoy cooking and this garlic lime shrimp recipe took minimal effort so, again…WINNING!
What are some of your favorite summer dishes? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 lb peeled, deveined jumbo shrimp
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tbls crushed red pepper flakes (use less or more depending on your preference)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry shrimp.
- Zest about half of the lime.
- In a bowl, combine minced garlic, 3/4 of the parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, half the lime zest, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Toss the shrimp with the lime herb mixture until fully coated.
- Loosely wrap the shrimp in aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from oven and place in bowl or plate.
- Pour remaining sauce from foil over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and lime zest (optional)
- Great tip: Serve this shrimp over zoodles for a quick, healthy dinner!