My mouth is watering just writing this post. I love any recipe with creamy goodness. I modified a few items in this gluten free chicken recipe to make it slightly healthier. I’ve cooked this creamy lemon butter chicken many times over and I seriously wanted to lick the plate every time. Even hubby loves this recipe and he’s very picky.
This delicious gluten free chicken recipe is inspired by Damndelicious. I substituted halved bone-in chicken breasts in place of the chicken thighs. Yes, I know, I know…dark meat has more flavor, but chicken breasts are my preference and this dish is so mouth wateringly good, you won’t miss anything. I also substituted half and half for heavy cream to take the calorie and fat count down a bit. Lastly, I added cherry tomatoes…because I can.
This yummy gem is celiac friendly and low carb. So, get to cooking!
Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
A creamy, low carb gluten free chicken recipe.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts halved
- 1 tablespoon paprika (can use smoked paprika)
- My base seasoning: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon fresh/dried thyme
- 4 cups baby spinach (I added more spinach than the original recipe)
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken breasts with paprika, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, half-n-half, parmesan, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, stir in spinach, and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Your tummy will thank you! 🙂